AMR's CXR500 Bolt-On Turbo for the Subaru WRX and STI is an awesome turbo that is sure to put a smile on your face. The CXR500 comes with a ported, 8cm exhaust housing and a ported, custom-cast compressor housing that that is designed to fit in the engine bay better than any other turbo of this size (no more grinding or busting out a BFH to make something fit). The CXR500 comes equipped with a 44lb compressor wheel. With the extreme porting on the compressor housing along with the large turbine wheel, gives the CXR500 a flow rate of 47 lb/min. This seemingly small increase in airflow allows the CXR500 to pull hard on top end of the rev-range without any loss of power on low and mid range. The CXR500 is most efficient when run between 20psi & 24psi and will produce 350-430whp when fully tuned with all supporting modifications. This is a great turbo for both 2.0L and 2.5L engines and is great daily driver turbo. You will not be giving up too much spool over your OEM turbo but will be impressed with the top end power increase. As you can see by the dyno charts, this is a great turbo for those who want something reserved but want the possibility of turning up the power eventually. AMR backs their CXR500 with a 90-day limited warranty.
CXR500 Features and Specs:
- 44lb/min Compressor Wheel (turbo flows 47lbs/min when ported)
- 8cm2 Exhaust Housing
- 2.4" Compressor Inlet
- AMR Billet actuator w/ 14.5psi Wastegate Spring
- Ported Exhaust & Compressor Housings
- Oil & Water Cooled
- Includes all oil and water lines & all gaskets
1 customer has reviewed this product.
- Put this turbo on my car about one month ago, and it has been an awesome turbo. It spools pretty quickly and the top end power comes on really hard. I am hitting peak boost at about 3700 with the supporting mods I have. Made 370WHP on 93octane. If you are looking for a lot more top end an willing to deal with just a little lag, then this s a great turbo for you!