The AMS Subaru 04’-07’ WRX/STI Front Mount Intercooler is the best performing direct bolt on you can buy. This durable, race analyzed intercooler core is proven efficient to 800 hp and is 160% larger than its stock counterpart.
The AMS Intercooler features cast aluminum end tanks for added durability with smooth features and geometry. Designed by our engineering team using Solidworks (3D CAD software) these A356 T6 Alloy Aluminum end tanks have improved flow over their sheet metal counterparts. We go beyond our competition to ensure quality. Each AMS Intercooler is hand TIG welded in a jig for a perfect fit and pressure tested to 50 psi to ensure maximum performance.
We tested many intercooler cores to find the best performing core available. The highly efficient 3.5" thick AMS intercooler core is the same as those found on many of our record setting race and street vehicles. Our kit comes complete with intercooling piping, silicone and hose clamps from the throttle body to compressor outlet to ensure a precise fit. The 2.5” 6061 mandrel bent aluminum intercooler piping also comes flanged for a TiAL BOV.
This kit is designed to work with the AMS rotated mount turbo kit, but is also easily adapted to any other rotated kit on the market. As with all front mount intercoolers trimming of the bumper ducting and removal of the factory crash bar is required.
- 160% Larger than stock
- Highest quality, most durable mounting on the market utilizing all factory mounts
- Bar and plate style core, the best performing on the market
- All AMS intercoolers are pressure tested after assembly to 50 psi
- 12.375" tall, 24" wide and 3.5" thick
- 1250 cfm flow and only 1 psi pressure drop at 800 hp
- Comes with the black "AMS" painted logo
- Slight trimming of bumper ducting and removal of factory crash bar required
- Weighs 23lbs.
- 2004-2007 Subaru STI/WRX (Excl 02-03 STI/WRX)
- Fits USDM Models (JDM and European Models yet to be determined)
- The factory crash bar must be removed to install our core.
- Trimming of the factory bumper ducting is required
Nobody has reviewed this product yet! Want to be the first one?