Developed and validated using the same methods employed in their motorsport and automotive OEM programmes, Cosworth is uniquely able to deliver the essential mix of performance and reliability. Cosworth does not simply provide a collection of parts - all performance upgrades are not the same, so choose Cosworth for your vehicle.
Stage 2 provides a direct replacement air filter, thermostat, a water-to-air intercooler, and the Cosworth designed supercharger and intake manifold to lift the stock peak power output by 60hp. If you already have Stage 1.3 you will have a gain of 80hp over stock!
- Positive Displacement Supercharger
- Cosworth Branded Intake Manifold
- Cosworth High Efficiency Radiator & Air / Water Intercoolers
- Pump for Air/Water Intercoolers
- Supercharger Inlet Assembly
- Intercooler/Radiator hoses
- Cosworth Front Drive Belt
- Wiring loom
- Pressure sensor
- Installation Hardware Including Fittings, Brackets, Etc.
- 60Hp power increase with stock exhaust
- 80Hp power increase with Stage 1.3 exhaust
- When used with Cosworth Stage 1 kits, the power is validated by Cosworth as being that quoted, above.
- May still be used without the Stage 1 kits, however it will remain unvalidated.
- Significant increase in both power and torque
- Does not require expert fitting knowledge and well within competence of home mechanics
- Does not require intrusive parts inside the engine, (i.e. pistons, rods, etc)
- Offers an upgrade path to Cosworth Stages 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 kits which utilise a performance exhaust that releases even more power, (up to 30hp increase over stock on the 1.3 kit)
- Supercharger is ‘positive displacement’ which is a variation of Rootes. The variation is a curved vane rotor that is more efficient and is used by Mercedes, Ford, etc.
- Power delivery of a ‘PD blower’ is instant, unlike a turbo or rotrex type supercharger.
- Power output is up to 280bhp for Stage 2 however, the supercharger chosen for this task is rated at 22,000 rpm – higher than anyone eles’s and they believe is good for up to 380bhp for those who wish to have custom maps installed!!! (will require forged internals though).
- The charge cooler capacity is significantly larger than other kits on the market, yet has been packaged in such a way that no modifications to the vehicle trim or underbonnet are required.
- The water to air charger cooler was chosen as it offers a more stable power output and is less dependent on under-bonnet temperatures. This means power should be consistent, (they know that other kits tend to run hot and the hotter they get, the lower the power output becomes). The Cosworth kit has double the cooling capacity of their closest competitor.
- Unlike other kits, Cosworth supplies a new 3-Bar MAP / MAF sensor that is fitted after the intercooler. This means that the ECU is using correctly measured air temp, rather than derived temp from a calculation. They believe they are unique in this area!.
- The Cosworth supercharger DOES NOT consume oil. This is another unique feature and makes it virtually maintenance free other than regular oil and filter changes as standard.
- The Cosworth kit is rated much higher than the Stage 2 kit offered here. This means that should the owner wish to push the car harder, they will not need to replace the Cosworth kit.
Nobody has reviewed this product yet! Want to be the first one?