The Fast Motorsports Front Mount Intercooler Kit for the Subaru WRX and STI delivers massive flow and Much needed cooling. Dwarfing the tiny factory intercooler core volume by more than 3.3 times, the FMS Front Mount Intercooler bar and plate core is larger AND less restrictive at high flow rates resulting in better cooling performance.
A cooler intake charge means more power and less chance of detonation or pre-ignition when running higher than factory boost levels. Considering a turbo upgrade? The Fast Motorsports intercooler will be able to handle the largest of turbo upgrades giving you literally dozens of upgrade options for your WRX/STI . The FMS FMIC kit includes everything to bolt up the massive bar & plate style core and includes mirror polished piping and silicone couplers for leak-free plumbing.
If you have an 08-09 WRX a stock bypass valve flange is integrated into the piping so there is not need to purchase an aftermarket valve, unlike similar kits from the competition.
- Piping Kit
- T-bolt Clamps
- Silicone Couplers (black)
- Hardware & Instructions
PLEASE NOTE: This kit will NOT work with your stock airbox.
25in x 9 1/2in x 3 1/2in - Overall length 34in
This product no longer has optional coating. Now only available in polished silver.
6 customers have reviewed this product.
Great for the price.
- The price can't be beat. I had a slight delay in receiving mine but that was due to have to have my custom powder ordered and Josh communicated with me the whole time. Kit doesn't come with any instructions but you can just look up a picture with this or the TurboXS kit installed and figure it out. Like others mentioned I also had to redrill the holes to mount the crossbar and intercooler. Cheaper than most aftermarket top mounts and came with t-bolt clamps, what else can you say?
- Great quality, fast shipping, awesome customer service... and even better price. I would recommend this product to anybody
Got Josh's Personal FMIC
- i recently bought Josh's FMS FMIC off his personal/shop wrx and i must say this kit is amazing for the price! a few fitment issues which is normal for aftermarket items but nothing a drill and file didnt fix... great build quality and i like the size of the core... on the other note, LOTS of trimming for the front bumper is required to install... if you dont feel comfortable cutting into your $2K+ bumper i suggest having a friend help or a shop install, also i know the pipes probably need to be tweaked some more but ive noticed the coupler by the oil cap rubs and with vibration can cause a few issues with leaks/holes down the road so keep an eye out for that... all in all can't beat the price and build.
- Great product to start off with. A lot of fitment on cutting bumper and such but still fit decent. Wish it came with new coupler to throttle body this popped off for the first 3 times and finally it stayed on. Sad that it went half this little while back. Will have to admit most of the pipes the coating was chipped showing red coating underneath the only complaint i have. They coated them red then black but the coating flakes off very easy i am assuming its not powder coating.
- fantastic build quality and beautiful fit and finish except it was a pain and i was skeptical to cut the painted part of my bumper but otherwise its great
- Great product for the price, fit was good. Only issue was the holes to mount core to crashbar were not lined up, so had to redrill 2 of them. Would buy again if i had to.