The Subaru WRX and STI are great platforms to start with for turbocharged performance modifications. However, one area both the 5-speed WRX and 6-speed STI fall flat is their long factory shifters. Subaru even addresses this directly and offers a factory upgraded shifter, though it only offers minimal improvement with a hefty price tag. The experts at Go Fast Bits have come up with a short throw kit for your WRX or STI that offers up to a 40% reduction in throw at a fraction of a the factory upgrade price! The secret is in the unique linkage clamp arrangement, allowing the height of the shifter to remain exactly the same as stock while significantly reducing the throw down to a minuscule 25mm per gate (depending on model). For the 6-speed STI, many people find the throw TOO short even at it's longest adjustment. To fix this, GFB offers the basic STI 6-speed shifter kit for a 20% shift reduction or the full shifter kit for up to a 40% reduction. Already have the basic kit but still want more? The 4202 conversion kit will convert your 6-speed basic kit to the 4002 adjustable kit to achieve the shortest throw currently available on the market. Please note that 5-speed WRX and 6-speed STI shifter kits are not interchangeable.
Important Info & Shifter Specs:
- 5-speed WRX & 6-speed STI shifter kits are different. Please call us before ordering if you are not sure which kit is compatible with your car.
- These kits reduce the shift THROW only (the length lever movement between gears). The shift lever and knob will remain at the factory HEIGHT.
- 02-07 WRX 5-Speed Standard Kit (4001): Adjustable throw up to 40% reduction - 30mm gate to gate.
- 04-07 STI 6-Speed Standard Kit (4002): Adjustable throw up to 40% reduction - 25mm gate to gate.
- 04-07 STI 6-Speed Basic Kit (4003): Non-adjustable throw, 20% reduction.
Nobody has reviewed this product yet! Want to be the first one?