Grimmspeed 38mm V-Band EWG Up Pipe Kit w/ Tial MVS Wastegate WRX / STI Subaru Turbo Models 2002-2017
Grimmspeed 38mm V-Band EWG Uppipe allows exhaust gases to be diverted prior to entering the turbo; creating quicker turbo spool. The GrimmSpeed EWG has a larger diameter than a stock internal wastegate; this allows the exhaust gas to be released faster, which improves boost control, maintains maximum boost longer in the rpm range. All of these together will give you a 10-40 HP INCREASE. Moving the wastegate out of the turbo relieves the turbo from the massive amounts of turbulence that the stock internal wastegate creates.
The entire EWG Up-Pipe is made of 304 SS(flanges, flex, tubing) and has a pipe-wall thickness of 14 Gauge, this is the most "heavy-duty" pipe you will find. Many other pipes use cheap thin steel and are marketed as "super light weight", not us. The inlet size is 1.92in and the pipe tapers down to 1.72î which acts as a funnel as it moves into the turbo allowing for the smoothest transition and best air-flow quality. The one of a kind Triple Layer Flex Joint is not located in the bend, which adds to the life expectancy of the flex section. Our outlet size is a perfect match to the most common stock location turbos allowing for a smooth transition into the turbo.
Also available with the EWG Up-Pipe package, a bracket to hold the stock internal wastegate shut. This bracket is helpful because the turbo door does not need to be welded shut, decreasing the chance for leaks and allowing for easy removal if necessary.
The GrimmSpeed_ EWG Up-Pipe Kit fits more downpipes than any other EWG Up-Pipe on the market. Even fits large TurboXS 4in Bellmouth Downpipe!!
- Grimmspeed 38mm V-band External Wastegate 2 Bolt Uppipe w/ Dump Tube
- Grimmspeed Bracket - Optional
- Tial 38mm V-band MVS Wastegate
'04-'09 Legacy GT
'91-'94 Legacy Turbo
'04+ Baja Turbo
3 customers have reviewed this product.
- i bought the Grimmspeed ewg set up with the tial 38mm wastegate. It sounds amazing when you hit full boost. this thing is def a head turner when people hear it. Great product!!!
- I threw this on my 20g STI swapped WRX and definitely noticed a massive improvement in spool up and top end. Feels like the turbo isn't being dragged around as much on partial throttle. Pricey, and loud... but definitely awesome.
works like it says
- i am using this kit on an 04 sti. it fit wonderfully, but if you want to return it to the exhaust to keep the sound down, prepare for a challenge. the V band flanges have to be perfectly aligned before the clamp will attach. *this will not affect the fitment unless you want to weld the dump tube back to your exhaust!* if you want to do that, i would recommend an up pipe/downpipe combo that is designed for this fitment.