K1 Technologies Main & Rod Bearings, Standard Size Subaru WRX / STI EJ Engine Models 2002-2017
The unique combination of design, metallurgy and engineering come together to deliver what drivers expect from high performance Trimetal engine bearings.
- Designed to withstand higher RPM conditions.
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties.
- Hardened steel backs on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing.
- Increased crush for improved bearing retention.
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearing sand to maximize the grip between the bearings and its housing.
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films.
- 3/4 grooved Main Bearings to optimize bearing load carrying surface area and oil flow to the conrod bearings.
- Tight consistent wall tolerances to help you maintain consistent clearances.
- Enlarged ID chamfers on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.
Application NotesSubaru tends to do some weird things, and this holds true more than ever in regards to their engine bearings. We have found that there is no way to be sure which engine bearings should be used based simply upon the year / make / model like one would normally assume. As such, we ask our customers to check their application for the thrust position and rod journal size prior to ordering to ensure that you receive the proper bearings.
Applications: 02-17 wrx/sti 05-09 lgt, forester xt, outback xt.
Part Numbers: MS-2258al & CB-1657AL
Nobody has reviewed this product yet! Want to be the first one?