Already installed the Mishimoto charge pipe kit onto your WRX? Now you need to go all the way to ensure that your WRX is seeing maximum charge temp drops! The stock top-mount intercooler is prone to head soak during repeated wide open throttle pulls and during track use. Mishimoto engineers spent months designing and testing this new intercooler to ensure optimum performance on both the street and track. This intercooler utilizes durable cast aluminum end tanks TIG-welded to a highly efficient, dense bar-and-plate core. The Mishimoto intercooler has a 4" thick core and a total volume of 625 in3, making it one of the largest topmount intercoolers you can buy. Thanks to this volume and a very dense offset fin pitch, we are able to optimize heat transfer and support vehicles from stock up to 500 whp.
This intercooler endured rigorous testing, showing a 35°F temperature drop as well as a +15 whp and +8 wtq bolt-on power increase for our test vehicle equipped with a Mishimoto downpipe and stage 2 EcuTek tune. Installation is simple, requires no modification to any parts in the engine bay, and can be completed in under 1 hour. This intercooler bolts right up to the Mishimoto or some other aftermarket charge pipes with the supplied hot side silicone coupler. The awesome, 4 piece Mishimoto air splitter is included with this intercooler as well, this will help divert the maximum amount of air into your intercooler. The kit also includes a silicone intercooler to throttle-body hose for maximum durability under high boost. These components negate the need to gather supplies for installation, and they ensure years of reliable service. This intercooler is available in a durable powder-coated finish of Stealth Black or Sleek Silver, and is backed by the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
- Direct fit for the 2015+ Subaru WRX
- Provides 35°F temperature drop compared to stock intercooler on a stage 2 tune
- Proven +15 whp and +8 wtq bolt-on power increase on a stage 2 tune
- 4" thick core with 625 in3 of core volume produces optimal heat transfer for vehicles from stock to 500 whp
- 100% aluminum construction with durable cast end tanks TIG-welded to a highly efficient bar-and-plate core
- Intercooler core designed for maximum cooling efficiency and minimal pressure drop
- Includes larger air duct designed to provide optimal airflow to the Mishimoto intercooler core
- Includes new BPV hoses, hot side coupler, and silicone throttle body hose
- Comes with all necessary hardware, clamps, and brackets for an easy installation
- Pre-marked area for NPT sensor
- Cooler available in durable powder-coated Sleek Silver or Stealth Black finish
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
24" x 10" x 5"
COOLER CORE SIZE
15" x 10" x 4"
This kit is rated for 300–450 whp with maximum limits of approximately 500 whp, or 35 psi of turbo boost. Exceeding that horsepower or pressure limit may require a larger front-mount intercooler.
Tuning is not necessary after installing our top-mount intercooler and charge-pipe, but you will see optimal performance if tuning is performed after the intercooler is installed.
The top-mount intercooler will not fit with the stock engine cover due to its larger size.
Nobody has reviewed this product yet! Want to be the first one?