This catch can is specially designed with dual baffles to cool hot oil vapor and turn it into a liquid so it can be collected in the base. It comes with a washable stainless screw on filter/breather with o'ring to stop it coming loose with vibration.
- Prosport Black oil catch can
- High quality & design
- Billet aerospace 6061 aluminium
- Anodized black finish
- 24oz capacity
- Dual Internal baffles
- Billet Aluminum with Stainless steel breather with o-ring to prevent loosening
- Cleanable & reusable stainless steel breather filter element
- High volume drain plug for fast & easy draining
- Approximately 100mm x 210mm height (excluding breather & drain plug)
- Female -10AN ORB bungs
- Includes 2x 10AN to 3/8th barb fittings
- Includes 1x 36" 3/8th I.D. hose
- Includes Stainless steel mounting bracket
- Robotically TIG welded
- 1 year warranty
1 - Sealed Single Inlet Instructions. (A) Plugged, (B) Outlet, (C) Inlet.
2 - Vented Single Inlet Instructions. (A) Vented, (B) Plugged, (C) Inlet
3 - Sealed Dual Inlet Instructions. (A) Outlet, (B) Inlet, (C) Inlet
4 - Vented Dual Inlet Instructions. (A) Vented, (B) Inlet, (C) Inlet
Inlet: PCV / Valve cover source
Outlet: Intake source (pre throttle body naturally aspirated / pre turbo)
WHAT IT DOES: An oil catch can installs between your crankcase vent and intake system, replacing the traditional factory vent lines and catching oil that would otherwise enter the intake system. There are several advantages to this. First oil build up is reduced; over time oil can build up inside the turbocharger, intake manifold, intercooler, and piping - causing a 'gumming' condition. Second, a catch can prevents oil from getting in pressured turbo plumbing -- a condition that can lead to couplers blowing off under boost. Finally, oil vapor in the intake system lowers combustion temperatures and diminishes efficiency. An oil catch can gives you a little added security, makes sure you're getting the most from your mods and looks great under the hood.