Radium Engineering Crankcase Catch Can Kit Scion FR-S 2013-2016 / Subaru BRZ 2013-2017
The "Crankcase Vent" kit mounts on the left side of the engine bay. This catch can runs inline with the 1/2" breather port. At low loads it experiences atmospheric pressure, but when the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience vacuum and would normally be drawing unwanted crankcase vapors, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the air filter intake pipe. If the engine is turbocharged or supercharged and you are finding oil accumulation stuck in the intercooler, this catch can is a necessity as oil will lower the thermal efficiency properties of the heat exchange process.
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance.
Unlike many catch cans on the market, this catch can features an integrated oil separator that accelerates oil condensation. This cleans the PCV gasses and reduces the oil build-up on the inside of the intake tract and intake manifold. The stainless steel filtration media is cleanable and reuseable.
BENEFITS OF A RADIUM CATCH CAN:
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake or intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces
- Height (without fittings): 5 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.45 inches
Nobody has reviewed this product yet! Want to be the first one?