Turbosmart's Type 5 Dual Port Blow off valve is made specifically for the Subaru WRX features the innovative new Smart Port drive-by-wire friendly staging technology that gives you the response of a plumb-back valve, with the high performance benefits of a vent-to-atmosphere valve. The Smart Port system involves a new piston manufacturing process utilizing specialized alloys and coatings, along with a revolutionary new vent to atmosphere trumpet design. These new designs allow for very fast response while also providing enhanced sealing. The result is quicker spool-up and better performance on modern drive-by-wire vehicles.
The new Smart Port piston is made from aerospace alloy, reducing the weight of the piston, and improving the response of the valve.A new military-spec coating technique is applied to the surface of the piston. This low-friction material also helps make the BOV more responsive than any previous Type 5 BOV, plus has excellent wear resistant characteristics – extending the working life of the BOV.
- Completely eliminate stalling issues that are sometimes seen in vent to atmosphere applications
- Eliminate compressor surge, at both low throttle and engine load conditions
- Smoothly integrate with factory computer mapping, without requiring any tuning
- Easily handle boost pressures well beyond 30PSI.
- Require less maintenance due to innovative new trumpet design
Nobody has reviewed this product yet! Want to be the first one?